Thursday 17 February 2011

My First Sugar Bowl Challenge

Being new to the world of Blogging, I found The Sugar Bowl by chance whilst looking for some new Sugar Nellie stamps. 

I saw this month's competition and thought I would give the challenge a go.  This is my first time entering a competition, so wish me luck!

The challenge is to make a card using the template below and use the picture as inspiration for the colour scheme.  I just love this image.  It reminds me of my Nans kitchen when I was a child with all the blue and white china she used to have. 
 



To be eligible for the prize draw, the card must include a Sugar Nellie image, so I used my new Gorjuss girls stamp; Sitting. This is my favourite stamp at the moment.

Sugar Bowl Challenge 53

Here's my finished card....






I loved making this card.  It was the first time I had ever worked to a template.  I normally just place things as I go along on my other cards.  I loved the colour scheme.  It reminded me of teas and the little china cups from my Nan's pantry as a child.  I finished off the card using some die cut swirls, paper blossoms and a tiny gem for my girl's hair.

Here's the materials I used:

Papers: DCWV Nana's Nursery glitter card stack
Cardstock: Coconut Cream from Coredinations and ivory from my stash.
Stamp: Sugar Nellie: Sitting from the Gorjuss Girls collection 
Punch: From Xcut
Flowers: Dovecraft's Tea House Paper Blossoms
Buttons: Papermania Capsule Collection. Mini Buttons: Aqua
Ribbon: Anita's Organza ribbon from my stash
Small gem in hair flower: from my stash (Anitas)

I also used the PIP setting on my Sizzix eClips machine to acheive the scalloped circles and squares.

I can't wait for the next challenge now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.