Saturday 26 February 2011

If Friends Were Flowers...

My new Gorjuss Girl stamp arrived in the post this morning, so I spent most of today stamping and making cards.  I thought I would show you my favourite, which I have made for my Sister.  I couldn't resist this stamp as it's called Poppy Fields, which is the name of the area I live in :-)



I couldn't resist the paper when I saw it in Hobbycraft last weekend. It's so vibrant and has a sort of vintage feel to it too which I love. It was reduced to 92p for a 12x12" double sided sheet too.  Bargain ;-)

Here's what I used:

Paper: My Mind's Eye - Quite Contrary Mary Mary "Beautiful" So Cute Paper
Cardstock: Coredinations "Tank"
Stamp: Gorjuss Girls "Poppy Fields"
Punches: Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page "Butterflies"
Ribbon: Smirk creative ribbon
Sentiment: Lili of the Valley "Dreamy Days"

I used a mixture of Papermania Watercolour Blenders and Pro markers for the stamped image.

I have just started on some Easter cards and am also going to make a card tonight for the Sugar Bowl Challenge, so I may add some more to my Blog tonight if I have time.  I have also just had an order for another memory box.  This time for a baby girl, so I better get cracking on that too!  Busy busy busy!

Bird Song

Here are a couple of cards I have made this week. I went for a sort of African theme on the orangey one, using the new Bird Song Papers from Papermania.  It was only a quick card that I threw together.  I plan on doing something a bit better when I have more time using the lovely Bird Song filagree papers.

    
 Papermaina Birdsong Papers


For My Groom On Our Wedding Day...

Here is one of my Memory Boxes which I sold this week.  I showed you one of my "Beautiful Butterfly" memory boxes before (here), well this one was for a lady who is getting married in a couple of months to give to her Groom.  I came up with the idea when I got married myself in 2009.  I made one for my Husband and he loved it.  I put in lots of little bits... a hip flask engraved with "So you won't get nervous", some socks with "So you don't get cold feet" written in diamantes, some matching diamante boxer shorts with "Groom" on them, engraved cufflinks and the best one (which he LOVED) a watch engraved with "So you won't be late".  I have these boxes to sell on my website, and also on Folksy and eBay!  I have sold loads on ebay, all with varying colours and personalised with the Groom's name and wedding date.  This one was made using silver lettering.  The picture was taken before the organza ribbon was tied around the edge with really finishes them off nicely.


Well I'm off to make some dinner.  Steak and chips.  Yum!  I never buy steak and only ever eat it in restaurants, so hopefully this will taste just as nice with me cooking it!  Ciao for now! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.