Sunday 13 March 2011

A Very Hungry Caterpillar Card...

It's my 30th and Amelia's 1st birthday on 17th April and we are having a Hungry Caterpillar themed birthday party to celebrate!  I have been buying lots of Hungry caterpillar napkins, paper plates, party hats, banners, streamers etc.  We are hoping it will be warm and sunny enough for a BBQ.

I decided to make her a co-ordinating Birthday card, and this is how it turned out..



Here's what I used:

Card blank:  8x8" white square card with expandable envelope from Anita's.
Card and paperstock:
  • My Mind's Eye Jack & Jill "How Sweet It Is" Yummy Stripe paper (used on reverse)
  • My Mind's Eye Jank & Jill "Life Is Good" Serene Spots paper
  • Bazzil Basics Paper Phonenix
Punches: Martha Stewart "Loops" and the circle and scalloped circle in the centre were made using my Sizzix eClips PIP setting. The number 1 in the heart was made by using the tag setting on my eClips. 
Ribbon: from a selection at The Range
Buttons: Papermania Capsule Collection. Mini Buttons
Hungry caterpillar image was coloured using a combination of Promarkers and Papermania watercolour blenders.

I wasn't very happy with how the colouring turned out as the card started to pill as I built up the colour.  I am yet to find a stockist who sells good quality card to prevent this from happening.  As the card is for my Daughter though I'm sure she won't mind!

I couldn't resist buying some new Lily of the Valley stamps yesterday and I'm looking forward to them arriving this week.  So watch this space for some new cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.